Wednesday, May 21, 2014

New Seasons... in more ways than one.

Hi there!!!


It amazes me that the seasons know exactly when to change. God you are amazing! Deyton and I survived April, the hottest month here in Nicaragua. It was hard though with only one fan. We took it in turns to have it in our room!
Deyton keeping cool in our homemade waterpark!
The rain is back, and we are happy to see it, hopefully it will cool down a little soon.
We also survived the earthquakes in April! J  Managua was destroyed in The Big Earthquake of 1972 which has left many people with fear in their hearts. Schools were closed for 4 weeks due to seismic activity as The President declared a Red Alert.  April 10th was the biggest earthquake I have ever experienced, at 6.6 with more than 300 aftershocks. It was a mere 3 km from my house. We were rocking there for quite a while!
God is providing me opportunities to build relationships within The Ministry of Family here in Ciudad Sandino. I have had Deyton living with me since I started my home in February. He is two years old and full of smiles and energy! But recently I have felt God saying it is about more than just the children. This is an open door to share The Good News.
As President of the local delegation, I have many meetings at my house. I always start and finish with prayer and talk about what God is doing in my life throughout the meeting. I even gave part of my testimony at the last meeting. I am hosting a luncheon on Monday May 26th to celebrate Mother’s Day, (May 30th here) and plan to have a time to share a devotion also. May God bring in a harvest of souls, miracles and provision through these events!
Sharing The Good News at a Ministry of Family meeting at my house. I ended up sharing it with everyone present that day!

Another new area of work for me is accompanying my immediate supervisor on investigations into reported child abuse in the poor neighborhoods. (since several people have asked:  no, this is not a paid position, I rely 100% on donations) This has opened the door for more personal opportunities to share The gospel! Some of the situations too delicate to write about here. (let me know if you want more details.)
I praise you Father God for these opportunities to share faith, hope and love.
1 Cor 13v13 The three most important things to have are faith, hope and love. But the greatest of them is love.
Finances have been challenging recently. On top of usual day to day expenses, I now have to renew my Nicaraguan Residency and my USA Green card within months of each other. Each will cost about $1000 plus a trip back to USA. I value your prayers and if you feel led to participate financially, please pray about it and see the information at the end of this update, no pressure!
Prayer is by far my most important need. James says: The prayer of a godly person is powerful. It makes things happen.”
Won’t you join me in making things happen for God’s Kingdom?
Love and blessings to you
From me,
Andrea J
Please let me know by email if you would like to donate for a specific cause: Deyton’s medical expenses, diapers, clothing, etc.  Or towards the Mothers Day Luncheon and other Ministry of Family Events, or Immigration costs etc. Many thanks!
CONTRIBUTIONS are all tax deductible. Checks may be made out and mailed to: The Vineyard Christian Fellowship, 3536 NW 8th Ave, Gainesville, Fl 32605
IMPORTANT: please write NICA on check memo, or donate online by going to http://www.vineyardgainesville.org/give/, click on DONATE at the bottom of the page. When you review the donation, type "Nica" in the "Add a special note" box to designate your donation, or the funds will not make it to me!
MANY THANKS TO THOSE OF YOU WHO GIVE FAITHFULLY TO GOD'S WORK HERE IN NICARAGUA, SERIOUSLY, WITHOUT YOU I COULD NOT BE HERE!  :)
blessed to be a blessing, in His hands,
andrea x

No comments:

Post a Comment