Saturday, January 28, 2012

BBQ in El Crucero.

Last night I went to visit the children's home in El Crucero. I usually cook a spaghetti dinner at least once a month on a Friday night. However, thought we'd try something different this time. So me, Angie and Emily went up and braved a BBQ for 30 people. It went great. I only dropped one burger into the flames! I was so sad to see it fall as I flipped it!

We always have such a rich time of fellowship when we hang out together. We cook, eat, laugh, sing and pray together. Even the little ones. My heart was SO touched to see all the younger angels, from ages 2 to 5 praying earnestly. Some of them pray out loud for a very long time,eyes tightly closed and hands folded,  thanking God for everyone in their life and all the things they have. They know what it is like to go without and it is evident that their little hearts are thankful and content.

 What an amazing blessing to see the transformation of these children's lives by the power of The Holy Spirit. I know deep in my heart how much God loves Nicaragua and His people here, and I see Him at work  in this nation. I consider it an honor and a privilege to be co laboring with Christ to raise up a new generation who will advance His Kingdom here on earth.

I took some of our children from KFC/Kid's Following Christ, at our Covenant Church. As soon as we arrived, they got busy serving The LORD with their gifts and talents. They loved on the children, helped prepare and serve the meal and ran around the whole time helping in whatever way was needed. I didn't even have to ask them to do anything. I never once had to prompt an action, it all flowed straight from their hearts. What a testimony of our Great and Awesome God to see His children ministering to other children in need.

Leo, more cake!?

Me and Ruby.

Leo and Andrea from KFC.

Leo and Andrea.

Yummy dessert, jello, cake, and more cake!

Me, Ruby and Grace.

Emily, Julianna and David.

Emily.

8 year old Luviana has one glass eye and is almost blind in the other one. We are trying to find a school for the blind for her to attend, but she will need a place to live close to it as well. Please join us in prayer for this provision for her. 

These two were inseperable, Emily did not want Julse to leave.

Julse, Grace and David singing with actions....

pause to make room for more cake....

Grace


5 or 6 year old Ofelia, my how you have grown since I first met you. The doctors thought she was about 4 months old when I was in hospital with her when she first came here about 18 months ago.
God, you are amazing, I don't know how else to say it. God you are amazing! You are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment